For many people, protein powder is a staple in their daily routine. These powders can be used to prepare shakes and even added to meals. But this product is more than a protein powder. But lately products including collagen have been getting a lot of attention.
When following a ketogenic diet, however, your options feel a bit limited. Many protein powders contain high amounts of carbohydrates. This is something to avoid when you are eating a keto diet.
As you probably know, collagen is protein, and most people associate it with its beauty benefits – improved nails, skin and hair. But collages in essential for all connective tissue -a fancy word for tendons ligaments and muscles, the bits that hold your bones together.
So if you’re taking a protein powder, it could be worth taking one with collagen, especially if you’re having trouble recovering from workouts. In a recent study athletes who took 10 grams of collagen (the same amount as in a serving of Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Po ) had less joint pain at rest, and when walking, lifting, standing, and carrying objects, compared to those who hadn’t taken the supplement.
Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder claims to be a highly effective option for people on the ketogenic diet. The powder is versatile and comes in a relatively large container.
We take a closer look at this protein powder and how it may benefit you through your workout routines and weight loss efforts.
What Is Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder?
Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder is an alternative to standard whey proteins that you get on the market. The majority of protein powders are relatively high in carbohydrates.
When following a ketogenic diet, the goal is to reduce your intake of carbs. Your usual carb intake is replaced with a high amount of healthy fats.
This protein powder gives you a high-quality source of protein without the carbs that are found in some of the other options on the market.
The protein powder was specifically made for people who are on the keto diet but also offers an excellent option for those following a Paleo lifestyle.
A few of the most important features that come with this protein powder include:
- Each serving of the powder contains 0 net carbs.
- The product offers a 2:1 protein to fat ratio making it an ideal option for the keto diet.
- Collagen is used as the source of protein, an essential factor in the muscle growth process.
- MCT oil is added, which is an excellent source of medium-chain triglycerides – a type of healthy fat.
At the time of writing (October 2021), this product had over 10,000 ratings and an average of 4.5 stars.
How Does This Protein Powder Taste?
One of the major problems that people often have with protein powders is taste. A large number of protein powders – even the flavored ones – tend to have an unpleasant taste.
In fact, some people complain about having a bad aftertaste that lasts for quite some time after using certain protein powders.
This is another area where the Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder outshines competitor options. We found that people generally tend to really enjoy the flavor of this product. The only negative factor is that there is only a vanilla flavor.
Additional flavors would have been very useful – but the vanilla option still tastes great. The flavor is not too strong, which ensures you can easily add the powder to your favorite drinks, coffee, or other beverages when you need a boost in protein intake.
Benefits Of Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder
The major benefit of this protein powder is the fact that the company behind the product was able to create an option with zero net carbs per serving.
This is crucial for any person following the keto diet, as adding too many carbs to your meals can result in your body being kicked out of ketosis.
Other benefits that are also worth noting include:
- There is no lactose or dairy used in the production of this protein powder.
- Each serving of the product offers five grams of MCT oils. A powdered version of MTC oils is used in the product.
- You get 10 grams of type 1 and type III collagen peptides hydrolysate with each serving of this protein powder.
- There is a precise 2:1 ratio between the protein and fat content in this product.
- Collagen is known to be a highly beneficial compound for people who are trying to lose weight. Some studies also show that collagen powder has anti-obesity effects on people with an excessive amount of extra weight.
- In addition to helping with weight loss, the collagen used in the product also assists with muscle growth. Studies show that collagen peptides are highly effective for individuals who want to increase lean muscle mass in their bodies. In one study, collagen peptides were combined with resistant workouts. There was a significant increase in muscle strength among the participants. Body composition also improved.
Are There Any Drawbacks?
Of course, when looking at a product like Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder, we do need to consider more than just the benefits.
We should focus on the drawbacks, too, as this helps you create an informed, unbiased decision when buying your protein powder.
There are two main drawbacks we found with this product:
- With vanilla being the only flavor, some people may feel a bit restrictive. There is no unflavored option available.
- The 0.88-pound container is the only size available. Some people prefer to buy their protein powders in bulk containers – as it lasts longer and offers better value for your money.
How To Use Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder
Versatility is one of the key factors that you get with this protein powder. It is something that you can use in water or perhaps some almond milk if you choose. You also have a wide range of alternative options, thanks to the Vanilla flavor profile.
You can use this protein powder directly in your coffee for a tasty addition. You can also add it to your favorite fruit or veggie smoothies.
Some people also enjoy using this protein powder in meal replacement drinks – which is great for those trying to add more high-quality protein to their weight loss diet.
Where To Buy?
Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder is available in various countries and should not be too hard to find. You can also visit the brand’s official website if you want to buy from them directly.
For fast and convenient delivery, you can also turn to Amazon.
The selection of supplement powders and bars in their store includes a range of keto- and paleo-friendly options as well as organic, plant-based protein (vegan sources for collagen are harder to come by, though there’s some evidence that drinking green tea or some good supplement choices include Garden of Life Vegan Collagen Builder or Windsor Botanicals’ Vegan Collagen Builder Tablets).
Final Verdict: Should You Buy This Product?
Orgain Keto Collagen Protein Powder comes with added MCT oil and features a delicious vanilla flavor. While no alternative flavors are available, the vanilla taste profile makes it a great option for adding to your smoothies and shakes.
The powder is free of dairy, gluten, and soy, making it a cleaner option for people who want to lose weight or increase lean muscle mass while on the keto diet.
The use of collagen peptides provides an effective approach to supplementing the body with high-quality proteins.
Overall, current users seem to be extremely happy with their results. People report that the collagen protein powder is versatile and does not have an unpleasant taste like some of the alternatives.
Florence, aka Flo, is the lead editor at keto.fm. Obsessed with nutrition, Flo used the keto + a one meal a day (OMAD) diet to lose 50lbs in under half a year.
After experiencing the benefits first, both mentally and physically, he became one of the many keto ambassadors online.
He is currently working towards becoming a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach.